Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sometimes Change Is Good

Recently I've gone through some major changes in life. I've learned a lot about who I am, my strength, and what I want from life. It's been a really hard process that I'm no where near done with, but I think it's been a blessing in disguise. I am not one who enjoys change of any kind, and I would love to be able to say that the first person I ran to was God, but I can't say that. Through all of my confusion and hurt I blocked him out of everything and sought answers everywhere but Him. Today however, I reached out to Him, and was lead to this devotion from "Revealing Jesus" by Darlene Zschech titled Worship His Name : El Roi

"The name El Roi tells us that God sees everything. He never rests or sleeps. He is everywhere. There is nothing that can hide from His gaze. No matter how lost you feel, no matter how cut off and alone you feel, El Roi, the God Who Sees, knows exactly where you are. You are not lost and alone. You are not abandoned in whatever wilderness you are passing through at this moment."

This spoke to me on many different levels. I have felt lost, wandering through the days trying to learn who I am in Him. I've been essentially learning how to be myself all over again. It was comforting to read and have reaffirmed to me that my God is for me, and always will be. 

This is a new chapter in my life, for better or worse (ironically), and I am both nervous and excited to see what the future holds for me. To see where God will lead me and what He will allow me to see and learn.






No comments:

Post a Comment